Use the instructions below or download and print one here.
KNIT US A BEANIE
This pattern is a really simple one. These instructions are for a non-striped hat, but if you like stripes or want to use up oddments of yarn then change colour on a knit row and stripe away!.
You will need
- 3.25mm needles
- 4mm needles
- DK Yarn
- Large eye needle for sewing up
Sizes to fit medium (large) head
Sides of hat
Using 3.25mm needles cast, on 129 (137) stitches and work 8 (9) cm in 2×2 rib.
- Row 1: K2,P2,K1
- Row 2: P2,K2,P1
Change to 4mm needles and work in stocking stitch until hat measures 19 (20) cm ending with a purl row.
- Row 1: K1, *K2tog, K6, rep from * to end. 113 (120) sts remain.
- Second and alternate rows: Purl
- Row 3: K1, *K2tog, K5, rep from * to end. 97 (103) sts remain.
- Row 5: K1, *K2tog, K4, rep from * to end. 81 (86) sts remain.
Continue to decrease in this way until 33 (35) sts remain ending with a purl row.
- Next Row: K1, *K2tog, rep from * to end.
Break yarn, thread through remaining 17 (18) sts, draw up tightly and fasten off.
Sew up side seam.